Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Glimpse of What's to Come


Back in the print studio this week and nearly alone. School doesn't start for ten more days, so the shop is quiet. And cool. And with the heat index reaching 115 degrees last week, I don't mind staying inside to print. Above is a section of a postcard I started for the Ladies of Letterpress exchange. The idea is to make a postcard celebrating your state and summer. Something like that. I screen printed the first two colors this morning and they look better than I had hoped.


Keep Writing number 21 went in the mail this morning. This month's postcard is late, due to some technical issues like a broken press and a bit of culture shock when I returned home. This postcard is also a collaboration with Vanessa Adams, a New Orleans artist who has been taking print classes at LSU. This is only a section of the postcard. If you want to see the whole thing you will have to wait until I post it on etsy.