Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Research"



I know I have been posting mostly about food lately, and if my camera was around I'd also post a photo of the new pea sprouts. Maybe it is not obvious I am also a printmaker. I don't always feel like one when I am in the studio answering mail and sewing weird things together. Printmaking is a way for me to make many of something and share it. I would call it "the democratization of art". Then again, I have been writing lots about why I make postcards.

While researching for one of these papers I came across this blog for Hotoff Press, a project based in St. Louis. It combines a few of my favorite things---bikes, and printmaking. If she worked in ice cream and mail it would be perfect. Seriously though this is a tabletop screen printing operation mounted on a bicycle. Mobile information printing and distributing machine!

Go to http://hotoff-press.blogspot.com/ for more.

And just for good measure, here is the chard that made it through the winter in the back yard and the artichoke plant we transplanted last week.