Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I Can't Even Draw Straight


I am in the process of designing stationary to print and sell. Did I mention that all this internet stuff is to get you to send more letters? Any way, I tried using the computer to design it, it is taking me weeks, so today, with the air conditioning humming and my allergies making my nose drippy, I busted out the paper and pen and rules and finally drew up the plan. There is still some work to be done, scanning and I think I will have polymer plates made...but at least it is started. What I learned today: even with a ruler and a grid, I can't keep it even. Also, I was trying for something more like the pattern on the left but my brain made it look like that other pattern I use over and over.

Yesterday I had a conversation with another printmaker at school about how some people post everything they are doing, and I was like, yeah, I can't keep up with that. Don't let the past few days fool you. Classes start in two weeks. Then you might not hear from me till December.