Thursday, March 29, 2012

Blurry Odd Things

These are the last of the photos from the point and shoot trouble camera. Sometimes the screen would die and you would have to guess what you were taking a photo of. It was exciting but not as exciting as getting a camera from a friend in the mail that she doesn't need anymore. Tomorrow my Spring Break will begin and I will be trying out the new camera. These are all from walking around town. The first is of Corso Como 10, a very fancy design shop started by a former editor of Vogue. I can't even afford a real photo of it. The courtyard is amazing. I would love to have a drink there one night. Their bookshop was on a website of the 20 most beautiful bookstores in the world.
Alicia and I were walking down town the other day, a little lost, and found this tower, built in the fifties. It gets wider at the top, not because of awesome design, but because they needed more space. I like it because I can't believe the sides hold up the top, it seems way too heavy. Though Milan is not prone to earthquakes, I will not stand under it.
I was on the outskirts of town and saw this which reminded me of home...banana trees growing inside an abandoned roofless storefront. Milan is gritty and dirty and I have seen some fallen apart buildings but here they seem to have been falling apart since 1945, so I am never sure. But this one was straight up neglect. Or public art.