Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Two Grottoes and a Nap--Florence Part 2

So if you are keeping track, I was in Florence weeks ago but I still have these lonely few images to share. While I was there, I walked a lot, which has always been one of my favorite pastimes (until I got a bike). In Florence there is a Palace, the Pitti Palace. I was tired of museums and it was beautiful outside and so I explored the gardens, where I discovered these two grottoes. Last year, a friend was telling me she had always wanted a grotto and I did not know what she was talking about. The grottoes here are man-made, as far as I can tell, at least I know the goats were not carved by nature. Here, i am only showing you the top half because the bottom was poorly lit and I couldn't get any closer .
As for this third photo, this is another image from the top of the hill at San Miniato, as I was waiting for vespers to start. Now, if anyone has any ideas beyond a netti pot for my sinuses, I have been napping on and off all day and maybe I am just lazy and afraid of the outside world, but it had never seemed so before. Also, the snot is an indication that something is amiss. I mean, it is nice to be posting all these photos and sleeping but there is so much happening outside.