Monday, April 23, 2012

Rainy Days

secret fountain

 Lots of rainy day walks.  I don't even mind that it has been a little chilly.  I mark all the places where I have walked on my map of Milan and yet I still get lost in the center of town.  Sometimes, I can see a landmark or two and still cannot figure where to go.  The other day I was trying to get back to class when I found this over grown garden behind a gate.  I love peeking in doorways.  Just like in New Orleans, there are secrets back there.


There are also a lot of secrets on the outside--altars and balconies and this statue somewhere between my school and the duomo in my new favorite neighborhood for walking.


While in north-east Milan, I spotted this--a backyard.  There are not a lot of houses in Milan, mostly apartments.   I was on the edge of town, off my map, when I found this.


 

In that same part of Milan, there are a lot of new, industrial type buildings, and this skyscraper with a twisted exterior. Even in this part of town, I could see this building as I thought I got more and more lost.  And then I found what I was looking for.