Saturday, November 24, 2012

Holiday Preparations

Holidays are sneaky. Ok, sure they mostly fall on the same dates with a bunch of warning and with the internet I am sure I can look up what is the date of Thanksgiving 2021. Still, here I am, the day after Thanksgiving getting things in order for holiday sales.
I've been binding datebooks, printing new business cards, and drinking whatever hot thing I can to keep the sick away and keep my toes warm. I think it is working. I had to clean off my desk too but it doesn't last. The shelves are stacked with piles of books in different stages, postcards in different stages and a pile of mail I can't wait to answer. I've been working from my home studio a lot lately, which has been great for my spirit and a little rough on the wallet. But we have been getting out a little more regardless and found a place in Oakland that serves really good craft beer on draft for 5 or 6 bucks a drink. Not cheap but a nice midafternoon treat when I have been book binding all day while Andy writes new music.
I've been busy finally getting to do some of the things I thought about all summer while carrying too many sweaters and not enough raincoats all over Europe. For example, if you want say, enjoyed your Keep Writing postcard this month and want to send one to a friend, now you can purchase just the postcard, without the portion to return to me.
I made some new simple business cards, with handset type one rainy evening at the San Francisco Center for the Book. I have had ideas for elaborate cards using polymer plates, but these little understated bitties are perfect for right now, just in time for a sale in the East Bay next weekend. If you are in the Bay Area, I will be at an open studio sale next weekend in Berkeley. There will be letterpress, cards, books, and a penpal I haven't met yet! If you don't live in the area, there is a sale in my etsy shop. Use coupon cope "gwp10" to get 10% off any items in the shop, until midnight on Monday.
And just in case you are worried about what I eat when I am so busy, Andy made vegan "shrimp" mirliton for Thanksgiving, from his mom's recipe. Things are good indeed. There are also a bunch more postcards to be posted on the Keep Writing tumblr site, so check back there once in a while. I think that's enough for tonight, though, don't you?