Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Best Wishes for a New Year




I opened the best New Year's card this morning from my friend Jaewon, a pop-up card offering wishes of a long life.  I expect to live to be 93 (genetics) which I think is a good age.  So I especially love the intricate detail of this card.


The ever-improving printshop at home

Ben framed this reminder for us.  The typo is too small to see here.

I love New Year's as a holiday.  Not the parties and shooting guns into the air (though that keeps things exciting) but the idea of a new start.  Time to review, reconsider, and move on. A religious holiday really.  Cleansing, cleaning, reflection.  I don't talk about it much, but I tend to stay home, take a bath, stretch, write down something for the new year.  Lately my list of goals is daunting but I thought of something simple this morning that reminded me that I can finish any of these things I want to. I've been behind all year on things so it is fitting that I am printed New Year's cards last night and wrapped  New Year's gifts today.  Last year at this time I was looking forward to a year of adventure, of a lot of moving around, new experiences, and learning.  Now I am happy to be in this place, with a press to use in the garage to share what I've been thinking about.


Silver layer of the new year's card
So, 2013...expect more printing from this machine.  More custom work.  More collaborations.  Lots more dinners at home and maybe maybe maybe I will bake a decent loaf of bread.




 
My mom loves sending me things with my name on them