Thursday, January 31, 2013

Coffee Will Only Get You So Far...

adding a hand-drawn line to a negative for a plate

From zero to three cups of coffee a day in a week,that is how it is going here.  Tonight, all the coffee in my cup can't convince me to design what I meant to.  I've been working extra hours at my job, printing a wedding invitation with the usual complications.  And I've been printing my own stuff at work  and volunteering at the San Fransisco Center for the Book.   At night I've been trying to do all the things I usually do on my days off--cooking fun things, addressing postcards, grocery shopping, hanging with friends.  And so, here I am, finally too tired to catch up with one more day before I get a day off.  The good news is that your postcard will go in the mail tomorrow.  But nothing else will be done tonight.  Here are some photos of working on my own work at Painted Tongue Studios, where, during the week, I am a printer on their Heidelberg Windmill.  Good night!

metal-backed polymer plates for this month's postcards

sneak peek at my first custom postcard

postcards on the press!