Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Walks part II



It is weird to think that I arrived in Milan only a month ago and it snowed, was dark in the morning and seemed to always be grey. Yesterday morning I passed these plastic trees on the way to the grocery. What colors!



One or two nights a week I eat dinner at school. Walking to the cafeteria to study before my meal, I pass the main building at Cattolica and the Basilica. Lately, the moon has been there too, all thin in the evening.



Last week I got off the metro somewhere new and passed this tower of multicolored tiles. I have no idea what it is. I will call it the Alien Tower of Mosaics. Tomorrow morning there is a general strike of transportation so I will be addressing and stamping your postcards. I don't think the post office goes on strike here but I don't think it is ever very fast.