Thursday, May 6, 2010

The end of the semester...


looks like this.

I don't know what my neighbor/fellow art scholar thinks of this but the downside of having access to all the print and paper making equipment is that on clean up day, you have to take the pellons home and wash them. They look so much better. I mean, I wore a strapless dress tonight because I need to wash my clothes but at least the shop is ready for more papermaking. And so am I.

Meanwhile, here is something for you to look at.
I made five hot air balloons out of handmade paper and installed them in the hallway of a crumbling down building that is, unsurprisingly, part of the art department. The light wasn't as good as I hoped and the sticky-tack was a poor choice. But here is a photo of one of three windows.
And here is a close up of one balloon. Soon I will have photos of other hot air balloons made of handmade paper. But this is all for tonight.