Saturday, May 15, 2010

You Thought I Was Joking

No messing around. I still get up at seven a.m. but while in the grocery store this morning I remembered a little bit of leftover winter whiskey. I got myself a bottle of ginger ale and my afternoon turned out right nice. Yes, this glass sits on a lovely letterpressed coaster given to me by Kathryn Hunter of Blackbird Letterpress. I will be joining her next week at the National Stationary Show in New York City.

But first, there is this meal to acknowledge. One of my favorite things about having a little down time is cooking up fantastic meals. I sipped on my ginger ale while kneeding pizza dough and talking to my dad about my inability to remember important numbers. He says he has the same problem. If I could cook for dad next week when I visit, I would. It seems like I may not be doing a lot of cooking in the next two months so I have made up for it with this:


Summertime is all about home made pizza in our house. Yes and it is all vegan. A little more processed food than I always like, but it was a special occasion. Vegi-chicken, and soy mozzarella, with pesto, roasted eggplant, roma tomatoes. I picked a bowl full of salad greens and grated some beet in it too. One of my favorite salad dressings is sesame oil and lemon juice with a little Tabasco, a recipe lifted from my first job in a vegan deli.

I didn't get to make the orange linen paper I hoped to for another collaboration post card but do not fear, even on vacation I will find plenty to do.